Carlo Moretti Mid-Century Modern Glass Bar Mugs
Very hard to find mugs in Carlo Moretti’s famous creamy cased glass.
Rarely seen mid-century beer mugs by Moretti, Italy, 1950s-1960s. Goblets and vases can be found, but the beer mugs are elusive.
Cased in white and amethyst, resulting in a beautiful graduating grape color. Hand formed solid amethyst handles are applied. Space age styling on the tapered bases. Full-size beer mugs measure 5½” tall. Click here to learn more about Italian Glass.
In perfect condition. Great gift with some fine beer for your favorite drinking buddy. Set of two.
Large 8” tall art glass jug with sparkling fine crackle. Read more about Pilgrim Art Glass .
Exceptional deep orange color with hints of yellow, called Tangerine. Applied handle is amber/yellow. Hand blown with pontil mark. In excellent condition.
This jug vase is larger than most window vases which were so popular in the mid 20th century. Glows beautifully when sunlight passes through.
Vintage Glass Large Blown Bullet Vase Atomic Orange
Vintage intage orange-orange vase cased in white and colorless glass. Stands 18½” tall.
Commands attention. Will brighten any room. Makes the large lucite grape logs in image 2 below look small.
Made in Italy or Scandinavia, circa 1960 to 1970. Hand-blown. In image 5 below you can see the solid ring of bottom-wear encircling the base just above the half circle light reflection. The washed out section between the bottom-wear and the orange circle is a reflection.
Retro Art Glass on Facebook
Large selection of authentic vintage retro modern home decor objects.
Big Blenko Art Glass Mugs hold 3 cups. Handblown art glass from the 1960s. Great for gifts.
Massive Mid-20th Century Art Glass Vase
- Stands 42½” tall — 3 feet 6 inches tall. This is the largest mid-century modern hand swung floor vase we’ve ever found. Certainly demands attention. In the image below, a 10” black glass soda bottle sits beside this elegant giant to help illustrate its enormous size.
- Studio glass of the 1960s/1970s in architectural sizes like this are hard to find, and even harder to find in a true jewel-like red. In addition, the pattern that makes it shimmer and glow with the lighting is unusual and fascinating.
- Probably made by Smith Glass, a company who made this giant form in many different colors and decors. Other makers of the mid-20th Century, like Fenton and Viking Art Glass, made grand vases like this too as it was popular among the very mod.
- It was hand-blown from a three part base mold, then swung to lengthen, then the opening was hand-tooled and heat polished smooth. The mold pattern consists of hobnail rings which you can see at the base in images 5, 6 & 7 below. As the vase was literally swung around to produce the neck it caused the hobnails to elongate and created their own unique pattern. The result is stunning. You can see the light and pattern effects in the images below. The tip of the rim is bordered in a very light yellow. The body is solid ruby red.
- The base is tri-corner. Base measurement in 10” x 9” x 8”. It is a soft-cornered uneven triangle. The 3-sided base makes the very tall 42½” vase sit stable. Weighs 10 lbs.
Retro Art Glass® offers a large selection of authentic vintage glass, vintage art glass and vintage glassware by famous makers of the past. You’ll find hundreds of objects in antique glass, Art Deco glass, Eames era glass, Mid-century glass, modern and post modern glass, and more in our catalog. Choose from a vast selection of beautiful glass objects from all over the world. Select from a huge range of forms; floor vases, table vases, decanters, stemware, tableware, vanity items, figurines, paperweights, ashtrays, candleholders, glass art, and more for home decor, office decor, event decor and special gift giving